Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Horse friends

Not to long ago, over on Equestrian Ink they did a post on the friends you make that our your horsey friends. Today I spent the better part of the day with one of my horsey friends. She is quite a bit younger than me (18 years). She rides english and has a 17 hand thoroughbred named Simon. He is a very stereotypical OTTB. But I love him anyway. Jen and I met 3 years ago at a boarding facility and we became instant friends. In the outside world we would not have been compatible, but in the horse world we became best friends. We love having a beer, a good meal, BS'ing about anything. Today we took Simon to the vet to get a dental done, a coggins test and health certificate. They are moving 13 hours away. Her husband got a promotion and they have to move quickly. It is a bummer. I am going to haul Simon to his new home next weekend. I am going to miss her and her big ole' goofy horse.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry for your loss... I know how it feels to lose friends to distance... but with today's Internet, I'm sure you will be able to chat! Have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete