Thursday, March 17, 2011

Wednesday night drill

At our lesson last night we did a drill that TL had me do before but I had forgotten all about so I am writing it out for my much dementia'd (is that a word?) brain to remember.

I wanted to work on moving the shoulders around. First start out walking a quiet counter arc circle. Nose tipped to the outside slightly - so I am walking a circle to the right, nose and arc to the left. When you have that going, stop, take a couple of steps back, and roll back to the left. Pick up the right shoulder and counter arc to a left circle. Fix the back up if it isn't fluid. Don't lean. (boy do I need work on that one) Don't ask for a fast or hurried roll back. It sounds easy enough but to make it fluid without making it hurried is a little challenging.

I rode Little Bit last night and I have to say it was one of the nicest rides I have had on her to date. She was quiet and willing. I know that I painted kind of an ugly picture of her on a recent blog. I took a picture of her a couple of days ago so here it is. I took it with my Iphone - it was rainy outside so I tried to get an indoor shot - forgive the quality.

3 comments:

  1. awww shes a super cute mare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My trainer has been having us do a lot of things with shoulder in/out or just moving the shoulder. I'll have to try your exercise, although, my guys aren't really ready for roll backs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dreaming... I wouldn't get to wrapped up worrying about the roll back, a pivot or turn on the haunches would be fine. Just not a big U turn. :)

    ReplyDelete