Monday, May 23, 2011

My Bubba


Last week was a rough one. I lost my stupid little dog Bubba. Two Labradors tore down our gate into our back yard and mauled my little dog. It was absolutely devastating. I loved that stupid little dog. He had a punctured lung and a huge tear in his abdomen. They tried to do surgery and he almost died on the operating table. They were trying to get him stable and thought that if they could stabilize him, I could take him to UC Davis for surgery. At 5 pm he still wasn't stable enough to move and the thought of him laying there all night, alone and in distress was more than I could bare. I made the decision to put him down. It was without a doubt the hardest thing I have ever had to do. I miss him.

2 comments:

  1. That is just awful - I am so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. kel--I am so sorry. That is a terrible thing for you to go through. My heart really aches for you. Life is just so hard sometimes.

    ReplyDelete