Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Randomness

There are a few things that I am having trouble wrapping my head around today.

One... What is sooooo terribly wrong with serving Jellied Cranberry sauce?
or using canned pumpkin? I mean really... isn't using fresh stuff kind of like reinventing the wheel?

Next would be....Whose big fat lame idea was it to put Thanksgiving so damn close to Christmas?

The five day work week always puzzles me. Why not a two day work week and 5 day weekend? Does anything in the word "weekend" lead you to believe that it has to be two days? Why not five?

Retirement - as long as we are on the subject of work.... Why do I have to wait so long to get to retire. My mom always said that anything worth having was worth working for. Is retirement what she was talking about? If it was, I completely missed that one.

Why does coffee taste so good in the morning and only so-so in the afternoon?

How come when I'm in the shower in the morning I can remember everything I'm supposed to do TODAY and as soon as I step out of the shower I forget everything I'm supposed to do TODAY?

Pennies.... need I say more?

Does anyone ever put the Turkey on the table before they hack - ut hummmm... carve it up?

Does using dry shampoo really count as washing your hair? Or is it like using that sprinkle on powdered carpet cleaner that we all know DOES NOT work.

How many pairs of cowboy boots is to many? and should I have spurs for all of them?

Any insights are welcome. Have a stupendous day and give the ponies some treats from me.

2 comments:

  1. How many? I'd say a pair in every color and yes you do need spurs on all of them. I love the way they sound when you walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great thought provokers. The turkey thing, especially. Our family is not a Norman Rockwell painting. I don't think hubby has every carved (hacked) the turkey at the table. Either there isn't room or it makes too much mess!
    I will say retirement is wonderful!!!!!!!! I'm not so sure I would have appreciated it so much had it come too much earlier. Also, had I not saved enough, it might not be as worry-free.
    Hurray for canned cranberry jelly! Is there any other way?!

    ReplyDelete