Monday, March 12, 2012

Thinking to much, again.

I have been thinking about the first show a lot. On Saturday during a lesson I said to TL that Semper had done well even without been ridden the week before, without a proper warm up, etc. She responded "yeah, they do get to that point". I hadn't ever really thought about that. That he would get to the point where he didn't need to be schooled or trained on a lot. That he would get to the point he just knew what I wanted and did it. I mean, I know he knows his job and he wants to please me so why didn't I think we would get to the point where we could just get it done without all the schooling and ass kicking? Later that day I heard her say to another rider... "raise you expectations". Well there you go.

As someone that is not a trainer it is hard to know when to raise your expectations. How do I know when it is time to make those changes? I think, I think to much. my head is going to explode. I should ride more and think less. Definitely. Da,da,da definitely.

You know... I am pretty sure that I was supposed to be born independently wealthy. How can you be born with the HORSE GENE and be born poor. Is that someones idea of a really cruel joke? Am I being punked? This has been going on for far to long for it do be a reality show. Although, it might make for a very entertaining reality show. "Horsaii Women" It would be like Saddle Club on steriods.

3 comments:

  1. Kel--All of us horse lovers were supposed to be born independently wealthy....that's an absolute truth. I know what you mean about a horse getting to the point where you really don't have to school on him any more. Just enjoy it--don't worry about it (!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, - Well someone definitely missed the memo on making sure that we were all born with a silver spoon. :)

    I am going to enjoy letting the old boy do his job with only a tune up now and then. Since he has had some time off he is even more willing and a pleasure to ride. I am so ridiculously in love with that horse he could be a mangy nag and I wouldn't see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, sign me up for that reality show :)

    ReplyDelete