Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Getting back on track - again.

I think this same thing happened to me this time last year. I get lost, overwhelmed, busy and just plain lost track of time.  I have started a blog post about a dozen times and get side tracked, have writers block or am afraid that I am repeating myself.  Could that be the beginning of Alzhiemers?

So much to say and nothing to say all at the same time.  Let's try news in a list form...

1. Moved back to Saddle Creek.  The ONLY place to board.  I was so pleased they decided to have boarders again.  check it out... www.scrhorses.com

2. Changed trainers AGAIN.   I am not even going to tell you a thing about it till I am months in. I will sound like a foolish, wishy-washy child.  Not even going there.

3. Ended the show year with lots of swag.  I did well in the cowhorse club. I did well in the local reining shows and in the versatilty.  I can not complain one little bit.  Semper is Da BOMB.

4. Semper. The. Super. Horse. I just love him to pieces.  He is doing wonderful. He loves being back at the Taj... (it really is the Taj Mahal of boarding facilities - they have comfort flooring for goodness sakes!) I swear he smiled when we unloaded.

5.  Bob. The Triple S - Sensitive, Spastic, Silly.  He is coming alone.  More on that later - I have had huge revelations. 

6.  Scooter.  You just have to love Scooter.  He needs wheels to carry around his extra large head.  But he is a good one. 

7. Lily.  She is Lily.  She has been off for almost a year. She is in fine form - bitchier than ever. Legs look great. Attitude sucks.

8. The Twisted Sisters: Mystic, Rosie, and Dazzle. They are keeping on, eating, pooping and sleeping.

9. I have lost some dear animal friends this year. RIP Roxie and Old Girl. May you be in unfenced green pastures with no fear or pain, safe and content. You educated me, loved me and made me smile. You will not be forgotten.

10.  Axle - The new man on the block.  I am going to introduce him to you later.  His name is "His Tattoed Heart".  When I get the mud scraped off him enough to take a picture. 

I am sure that I am forgetting many things... it is that nasty aging process that makes me forgetful. or not.

Weight... still keeping on track with my diet and maintaining my goal weight.  It is a process.  And sometimes I just want to drown in a  ginormous bowl of Moose Tracks ice cream. But then I look at Mr. Semper, Bob and the rest of the herd and say a little thanks for this life.

And to Mr. Wonderful. He rocks. 32 years together 12/20/12.  Pretty proud to be married to him. 

It is weird being in this time and place in my life. When you are in the thick of raising a family and working you are almost obilvious to certain things. When your children leave and your job evens out - things get quiet. There isn't the static noise that hides little imperfections in yourself and your friendships. I have started to see my own imperfections and those of people close to me. I still love them and wouldn't change who they are but I do have to work at being more tolerant. 

Jez...that last paragraph was overly self indulgent wasn't it?  hmmmmm. 

I gotta get back the the training and riding stuff. Now. Right Now.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to you both! I got the horse gene too - the only horse crazed soul in the whole family. Hasn't gone away, either. *laugh*

    I was six, I think, when I finally talked my parents into riding lessons that ended around age 18. The horse of my very own didn't come along until I was almost 40; about eight years ago (so I've been terribly busy making up for lost time ;o)

    Nice post (fun!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen,
    It is always good to hear from like minded souls. :) I am pretty sure that those who do not have that extra little bit of genetic material do not or can not understand the depths of our devotion.

    Congratulation on fulfilling your dreams.

    ReplyDelete