Friday, March 1, 2013

First show of 2013!

Saturday is the first show at SCR.  This is the same series that I have done for the last 3 years.  The weather here has been absolutely beautiful.  High 60's and mostly sunny.  These are the kind of days that make me so content living in Northern California. So my plan for Saturday... to do better than last year. I don't care about winning or losing but I want to be more consistant. Last year I rode Semper in the Rookie class four times. And I was consistant. I scored a big fat -0- all four times.  The goal is to just get a score.  Ride the pattern without forgetting it, count my turnarounds, concentrate on my riding and look where I am going. I also rode the Non-Pro Limited last year and I did fairly well in that class.  This year I would like to see my scores stay above 67.5.  I know that doesn't seem like much to aspire to, but it is for me and the big white horse. And that is who I am competing against. I am competing against the rider I was last year.

Here is my little mental checklist:

Sit back.
Look up.
Look a quarter circle ahead. 
Stay sitting center in the turn arounds.
Count!
Relax and breathe deep.
Ride for a 70!
Expect and visualize what I need to have happen.
Raise my expections!

You might notice that none of my checklist is for Semper.  He knows his job.

If it is to be, it is up to me.

And... my friends Holly and Laura are showing at this show!  This is the first time either of them will have shown reining.  Wishing them the best. 






No comments:

Post a Comment