Thursday, February 4, 2010

98 lbs of fat off my ass, 98 lbs of fat...

98 lbs of fat off my ass, 98 lbs of fat, take 1 down and pass it around 99 lbs of fat off my ass. That little song has been bouncing around my head. I was hoping to be at my weight loss goal by mid February. I might make it. To date I have lost 98 lbs. I have 4 more to go. On Sunday I only had 3 to go. In the grand scheme of things a pound isn't really that much but when you only have 4 stinking pounds to go it almost seems impossible. All week I have been weighing every morning hoping to see that scale go back down to 3 lbs to go and all week it has said that I have 4 lbs to go. Humm. I have been eating right, exercising and staying away from salt. Salt is not my friend. Salt is not my friend. Say it again.... Salt is not my friend. But I love salt. Salted nuts, salted sunflower seeds, salt on my food before I even try it. Salt is not my friend. The last week I have given up all my little salt vices and yet I am not losing that one little annoying pound.

Had a lesson last night and boy did Semp get his butt kicked. Wow. I bet he is going to rethink giving me the bird. I was working roll backs and he was just not getting with the program. The last one I asked him for, he literally gave me the "horsey finger" (if a horse could). He laid his ears back and off to the side and grunted and showed no effort at all. Trainer Lady says "May I" I say sure! She gets on him and kicks his butt good. She had been telling me to kick him, kick him. What she wasn't saying was kick the crap out of him. Which is what she did. I was giving him one good hard kick and he was ignoring it. She kicked him with her outside leg about 10 times as fast as she could and he started rethinking his behavior. It was kind of an "ah ha" moment for me. That is what she meant. Got it.

5 comments:

  1. As with naughty children; positive reinforcement. If that does not work; you up the ante like your trainer did. I wish you the best with the last four pounds and the show. (Maybe you and the scale need a seperation for awhile.) We are awaiting another massive snowstorm tonight and tomorrow. Sigh. Where, oh where, is Spring? Winter and I need a divorce!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the good thoughts on my 4 lbs. I am sure that they will disappear I just need to have some patience. Not one of my strong suits.

    We are getting rain and more rain. I am not really complaining - it isn't cold and it isn't snowing. That would really suck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *sigh* I'm the same way... I have a hard time getting with corrections as hard as I should! I did train Dandy and she does work better than most horses that have had professionnal training. I'm proud of her and she hasn't flipped me the bird in a while now, when she does, I do my best to get on her butt, I make her work, canter further from the barn and it really p*sses her off to have to do that, but she settles right down afterwards and listens. I have to get her working on her transitions, she gets to the point where she completely ignores me sometimes, so she is getting bored with walking trails... I can understand that, but she has been sick and I have been taking it easy on her. When Spring comes, we will be working a bit harder on those extra pounds (for me and for her)!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OneDandyHorse...

    Trainer lady says "raise your expectations" ALOT. I hear it at night in my sleep she says it so much. In fact she is having shirts made for her business with that as the slogan or logo! Raising your expectations also means raising the level dicipline too. They kind of go hand in hand. It was an epiphany for me. I was raising my expectations just not doing anything to back it up.

    ReplyDelete