Friday, April 6, 2012

Green

See the dork with her hood up...Yep that is me on Scooter. The smart one in the photo with a warm vest and hat is Holly. We were out checking her cattle. We found them hanging out by the highway watching the cars go by. It was cold and kind of windy. But it was a glorious day spent with two good friends. The only problem with this pictures is that Amy isn't in it. Because she took it. I love, love love this picture. Love the green. Love the wind. Love the dog and horses. Love the sky.


I love the vastness of that area. This is the country I grew up in. Spring here is grand. Lots of wild flowers, green grass, wide open spaces. I grew up in town but this type of land surrounds us. Rolling hills studded with oak trees. And odd flat topped mesas.



And little hills that many moons ago where poking up through a vast ocean. O.K. so I don't know if that is true or not, but that is how I imagine it.


Thank you Holly and Amy for a grand day. Looking forward to many more.

2 comments:

  1. You are right about how wonderful that wide open space is. I love looking out at the prairie as we drive, thinking of cowboys herding cows eons ago.... in the wide, wide open space. The picture Amy took evokes that, too. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete