Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Because I am a little neurotic...

I go back and re-read my post before and after I post them several, maybe even dozens of times. You would think that I would catch more of the grammar and spelling errors.
But no.
I just realize things like... "Huge Mistake". How many times can / will a horse let you make huge mistakes and be forgiving about it?
I am starting to feel sorry for poor Mr Semper. He must think that I am a complete and total moron, a sorry excuse of an owner. Then I remember that he has a dentist, a massage therapist, a celebrity shoer, several vets, more stable blankets, sheets, coolers, fly masks, Lycra hoods, sports medicine boots, skid boots, etc than any one horse should have. And he gets fed at least twice a day and has a warm dry place to live. That makes me feel somewhat better about myself being such an incompetent twit. He could probably care less about all that - with the exception of the massage therapist.. It is just obscene how much he likes his massage lady. To get the full extent of his admiration...I will have to photograph one of his sessions. It is almost triple X rated. Yikes.

Back to the topic... Huge mistakes. So when I say "huge mistake" what I mean is that I have done something that let him down. Like the bridge... that was a HUGE MISTAKE. And this is why. I completely, 100% let him down. I wasn't thinking ahead about how it's movement would scare him. He trusted me to not put him in a frightening situation and I just went about it with reckless abandon. He crashed down and he lost trust in me. I hate that. I never want him to think that I am not a good leader. And you don't have to be a rocket scientist to know that is exactly what he thought. We have since worked through the bridge issues. I can't help but wonder if there is a little voice in the back of his walnut sized brain that says... "watch out she might have a brain fart and let the world fall out from underneath us again". I pray that I don't make to many of those HUGE MISTAKES and that he continues to be forgiving of them.

The other kind of mistakes I make are the ones that are thought out at the time but end up being not so thought through in the long run. Like the cookies in the mail box. It wasn't really huge in comparison to the bridge incident. I don't think that I let Semper down with that. Heck, he was getting cookies. I think that I let myself down for not thinking things through completely. I am just hoping that in the back of my walnut sized brain that my little voice will scream at me next time!

In the end...the most important thing is that I don't make the same mistakes over and over.

Now go out and hug your faithful, forgiving horses. Give um' a cookie for me and say thanks that they are in your life. (Just don't put the cookie in the mail box.)

1 comment:

  1. We're all very lucky that horses are (mostly) such forgiving creatures.

    ReplyDelete