Thursday, October 15, 2009

Wednesday lesson cancelled

Wednesday's lesson was cancelled. Which for me was a good thing. I have a very dear friend that I have known since I was 5 years old. We grew up together and rode horses together and got into alot trouble together. After college she moved to LA and I stayed in our home town but we have remained best friends. We talk all the time and see each other several times a year. For all intense purposes and because I don't have any sisters, she is my sister. She wanted to buy horse trailer and had been looking in the LA area for about 6 months. Things are expensive in the southern part of our great state. So we started looking up here and found several. I went and looked at the first one and it was crap. The second one I went to look at the lady sold 15 minutes before I was scheduled to be there - that sucked because I had driven over an hour to get there. We found one on Craigslist on Tuesday and it looked perfect and the man said he would hold it till I got there last night. Everything fell into place, the trailer is really nice, almost like new, and the price was right. I drove to a neighboring town and checked it out, bought it, brought it home and now she is the proud owner of a very nice 2-horse slant. WOOHOOO...

I have been doing quite a few things for my friends lately. On the way to look at the trailer another friend called and was hinting she needed a ride to a event on Saturday, without hesitation I said that I would come get her. As soon as the words rolled out of my mouth I was regretting it. I love my friends and they would do anything for me and I would do anything for them. With that said, I have to start putting up some boundaries. The things that I am getting into are not crisis issues, they are convinence issues. I am not saying that I don't want to help my friends. I am saying that I need to set some guidelines for myself and learn to keep my big trap shut and let them figure it out on there own. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment