Friday, October 9, 2009

Wednesday night

For our lesson on Wednesday we worked on turnarounds first. Our turnarounds are pretty good but I was worried that Semp was sucking back to far and hitting his front legs together. I tried a couple of things and they seemed to help. First I just tried to lean a little forward to get him to stay more forward, then I tried pushing him out of the turn around after a rotation or two. TL said that he looked good and the she didn't think that he was sucking back she felt he was being lazy. So she said to "raise your expectations" of him and make him go. Give him one rotation to get started and comfortable, then cluck to him to get him moving, if he doesn't speed up to use some spur to tell him I mean go now. As soon as I cluck if he picks up the speed, shut him down and let him rest and think. I had my daughter video the lesson and as soon as I can figure out how to edit the video I will post it.


Then we worked stops. OMG I suck at stops. And I have proof I suck at stops - daughter videoed it. I don't know if I am over thinking them or what. I am not even going to go into it. I am still pondering what I can do to change and how to make it better. TL has us do the same drill over and over and it just isn't working. I think I am getting worse instead of better and so is Semper. I am going to work on my stop position this week. I want to throw my shoulders back and I thought that I had worked through that but I seem to be back sliding into that old habit. So that is what I am going to try to fix this week. I won't be posting any video of the sucky stopping, it is way to embarrassing.



This weekend I am making the trip to Pasco and I am really dreading it. Not only is it a horrible 13 hour drive, but I am leaving my friend there and coming home without her.

No comments:

Post a Comment